I have found my new favorite thing about the summer - WATER WINGS!
As much as I LOVE taking Mary to the pool, it was getting a little boring for the both of us - she wanted to get out of her float and swim, but didn't want me to hold her. An awful combination if you're hoping for a fun, relaxing day at the pool. I let her go under water a few times to show her that I needed to hold her, but she was pretty darn determined to swim.
Last week we got water wings and YAY, we can both swim now. As soon as she got them on her arms, she was kicking like a mad woman to get herself wherever she wanted to go all around the pool. The only problem is that she won't keep the HUGE smile off of her face long enough to keep the water out of her mouth. So she drinks her fair share of pool water, but we are both totally okay with that.
4 comments:
Yay for water wings! I can't believe how confident Mary is...she is going to be swimming before you know it.
Jill told me about the water wings on Sunday, I'm so glad you posted about it! That is very exciting. She just might be a water baby!
Wow, Olivia is 5 1/2 and this is the first summer that I've been able to convince her to swim with water wings. She's a huge wimp though. Way to be brave Mary!!
Totally agree! We just use the little life jackets -- Benjamin STILL thinks he can swim though... without any floatation device!! Silly guy - and if he chokes on a gallon of water - his over it in 1 minute flat ... ready to go again! I'll call ya about getting together!!
Post a Comment