Went to Six Flags last week with my brothers and Becky - we love the rides, but hate the lines, so we love going on a Wednesday evening in the summer. We miss all the lines and get to ride everything in just a few hours. Plus it's not 10,000 degrees outside since the sun is going down (which is a plus for all of us who wore jeans?! that would be me).

We were lucky enough to meet a whole gang of Super Hero's. I was pretty excited about getting my picture taken with Batman and Aquaman! Except they both looked so much more superhero-ish from from away.

We also met Tweety Bird - and after Becky and I are done posing kissing all over this thing, I realize that "he" smells pretty girly. I couldn't resist asking if he was actually a boy or a girl inside there - whatever it was wouldn't tell me. I would bet money that it was a girl.

The All American Scream Machine . . . the wooden coasters scare me so much more than the new ones! Well, it might have something to do with the fact that Cory has never let us ride this ride with our seat belt on (you still have a lap bar, you just come off your seat a lot). Probably not recommended by the 6 Flags Staff, or your rear end.

The only down side of the night was when Goliath broke while we were in line. We can't really complain because the line was amazingly short, but we were worried that we wouldn't get to ride it. Luckily - we hoped a ride in the front row just before the park was closing and OH wow! That thing is called Goliath for a reason - it is HUGE, and it is amazing! By far the best roller coaster I've ever been on.

We stopped downtown for dinner on our way home. We thought it was pretty neat that we could see Paul's office building all night (he couldn't get off early enough to make the ticket worth it) - so Becky snapped a picture to show him we were thinking about him =). His office is in Peachtree Towers (the taller building to the left). Kinda fun to be able to see it from so far away!

So we wrapped up with dinner at Hard Rock Cafe - I can't remember being SO hungry and so thirsty in a long time! It was a great meal and such a fun evening!
P.S. Cory and I both upgraded our passes for six more visits, so we can bring Paul back when he doesn't have to leave work early during his first week of work. He needs to ride Goliath . . .
5 comments:
Oh! Jared and I have been meaning to go to Six Flags all summer...so I'm glad you posted this. Maybe it will give us some more motivation to get on the ball about it.
Oh and by the way..my post about the Baby Names....I was being sarcastic...no worries!
LOOK! I'm in the first picture!!!
Such a fun day! I should just post a link to this story...then I wouldn't need to blog about it!
Sarah, can we go next time? I love roller coasters and have been wanting to go to Six Flags! I'll even take off work early if I need to!
Porter asks me weekly, "Mom, can we go to Six Flags today?"...my response is always the same..."not today, Son"! :) If he sees that super friends are at Six Flags, I will never hear the end of his protesting!
They are his current favorite cartoon! He now loves Boomerang! What happened to my little guy who loved Diego?
Post a Comment