I haven't posted pictures from the 4th of July - partly because it was a super low key weekend and partly because I'm just not sure how many pictures of Mary I should post in a lifetime.

We had lunch at my parents house, ate too much, and sat around watching the rain storms most of the afternoon - mostly just a good excuse to get out the camera and take some cute pictures!
Mary was pretty sure that Uga was a horse and should be sat upon as much as possible - she was also positive that he liked peach cobbler and ice cream as much as the rest of us do!
We got two of the best family pictures ever after lunch . . .
How cute would it be to get a picture of the both of us kissing Mary on the cheeks?! This picture was a little different than the way I imagined!
While Mary was being pretty persistent about protesting any family pictures, my brother Devin decided it would be fun if he jumped out from behind the camera to surprise her. It worked even better for Paul than it did for Mary.
This is Devin and Becky. We love them.

Devin had to work in the Emergency Room for the night and Paul was finishing up a ton of work for Kaplan Legal before he started his new job the next week - so Becky and I celebrated together for the night! We took Mary swimming, went to see Made of Honor (super cute movie!) at the $1 theater, and hiked across Athens to watch the fireworks that night. I happily left Mary at home for the fireworks - she thinks they are completely scary and would have pulled quite a bit of my hair out trying to get away from them.
She loves me.
While we had a wonderful holiday, having fun and taking the day off from everything else, we didn't do much to really celebrate the day and the blessings that come from it. Makes me wish we were a little more patriotic and spent a little more time being grateful for all that we enjoy. I guess we wouldn't be able to enjoy the day with our family the way that we do if it weren't for the sacrifices of so many others - and we are thankful for that! As Mary gets older, we'll have to come up with some 4th of July traditions that may help us celebrate a little better each year! Like reading the Declaration of Independence! I bet she'll love it.
3 comments:
That sounded like a great 4th of July! And I must comment on Devin and Becky...I think they are way cute together also! And about posting too much about Mary. I hope you know that we were talking about blogging the other night at bunco and about how everyone posts too much about their kids and not enough about themselves. And I said, "Well there's one exception... Sarah could post about Mary all day long and it would never get old"...so thats my take on the matter!
Thank you Katy! I love that picture too! I also had fun celebrating that exciting Fourth of July, too!
I LOVE Mary's outfit -- adorable! Makes me want to have a girl. I can't believe how big she is getting!
Post a Comment