Mary's new favorite word has got to be "mess!" And oh boy, does she know how to use it. I have started taking pictures of our daily messes, because really, that's a lot of our day around here.
Our best mess of the week came when Mary decided to cook with the dirt on the back porch. She love-love-loves to play in water, and so with all the warm weather lately - I strip her down to a diaper, stick her on the back porch and let her stir and pour her water all afternoon. She's usually really good about leaving all of our potted plants alone, but I guess I was too good at leaving her alone this afternoon. I could see her playing with her water on the porch for quite a while, but it wasn't until she walked in the house COVERED in dirt that I realized she had gotten into the potting soil. Lovely =).
Other than big muddy messes, we've got the all-the-time messes that come with Mary wanting to help us around the house. She wants to help cook, she wants to help clean, she wants to help do the laundry. This particular picture was taken after she helped me make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Not sure if you can see the mass of peanut butter spread up and down her leg, but it's there.
And I can't leave out our everyday eating messes.
Which makes me really wonder why our apartment has carpet in the eating area?
And last but not least, Mary latest and greatest trick . . . writing on the wall! She found Paul's journal and a handy pen one afternoon and went to town. Now if you ask her "what did you do?!" she runs to the wall and explains the details of her mural in her own little language. I think she's really proud of it.
I'm really starting to wonder how people keep their houses so clean when they have little people running around. I've only got one, you'd think I could keep up with her! Just yesterday I tried to get some cleaning done after Mary's nap, but every time I stopped to look around I realized that she was making messes faster than I could clean them. Any good cleaning tips to keep up with this girl?!
8 comments:
Leash?
Mr. Clean erasers work wonders on wall art.
good question! I've yet to figure it out:) it's hard to stay on top of them but training them to clean up their own messes and toys pays off eventually... my oldest likes to clean and organize now (at 6, we'll see how she is by 16!)
We've had a fewwww of those too lately -- our latest was the shampoo all inside the cabinet in our bathroom ... during my shower- needless to say all sample shampoo has been moved to the "locked" cabinet now! As they grow out of some messes... it seems they grow into new ones! Good luck :) -- Rachel
I am sitting here with Adam and he said, "Look she is sitting on the stove with her diaper and she is going to burn to death." A little extreme I know. Can you tell we have scared him away from the stove! She is so cute, clean or messy. Fight the battles that are worth winning. I am entering the phase were the boys are old enough to clean up after themselves, sometimes... We have "garbage man" who comes if the toys aren't picked up. Are we going to see you in June? We are coming the 21st to the 30th. Love ya!!!
Tips for cleaning: have another baby. My parents always said they had 6 of us so they wouldn't have to mow; cook; do laundry; clean the bathroom; do the dishes...
"Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walks while it is still snowing." I remind myself of that a lot! You guys are so cute!
I love the posts about Mary they are so cute and make me laugh!
Post a Comment