We were at Krista and Evan's house a few weeks ago for Evan's birthday and Mary comes walking in the living room with a jar of Ragu from their pantry. She puts it on the floor in the middle of the room, folds her arms and goes around the room to make sure everybody else has their arms folded. When we're all ready, Mary looks down at the jar and says "Waaaater . . . . Amen." We died laughing. She said her first blessing on the food all by herself completely unprompted! We now hear that prayer about 20 times a day before we eat, while we eat, after we eat. She's so proud of herself. I love this girl!
6 comments:
Cute - just wait until she WON'T fold her arms... then what do you do :) I'm so glad we have the gospel to teach our little ones... where would we be without it! We are at the beach this week - but no plans at all for next week - come visit ANYTIME!
How sweet, I love moments like that. I try to keep a journal of cute sayings the kids say to give to them when they are older. those are things you don't wanna forget:) (love the cute pic you added of you and hubby on the chair!)
Isn't it amazing what they pick up, even if you have no idea. You guys are setting a great example for Mary and she sees it. Are you going to turn your blog into a book? I hope so. You have some of the best stories about Mary.
Mary is growing up so fast! I can't believe how fast time goes by. We need to see you all sometime. I bet Mary and Grady would have a blast getting into trouble together! :)
She must have a pretty good example at home. My girls fight at every meal about who's turn it is to say the prayer so we usually have to say two. Reagan's is the same everytime, "thank you that we could go to church today, amen."
I love that! Allie will do something similar, that is how she tells us she is hungry. This is such a fun age!
Post a Comment