I didn't want Mary's crummy egg hunt to be my only post about Easter, because we had a fabulous Easter Sunday! We went to church in the morning and then spent the afternoon at my parents house for plenty of good food and a ton of dessert!
We had our Easter Egg hunt after lunch - the boys were vicious and found all the eggs in the yard before Jill and I could get off the porch.
Congrats to Paul for proving his master egg hunting skills and finding the most eggs for the second year in a row. He proudly took home the grand prize of "Mr. Big Ears" the chocolate bunny. Wow.
After our egg hunt, we let Mary loose in the yard for her own Easter Egg hunt. This was the best! She had no idea what to do, but when she opened her first egg and found out that there was candy on the inside, she got SO excited and ran for all the other eggs she could find.
Her method for egg hunting went a little like this . . .
Find the egg, put the candy in your basket, and throw the egg back on the ground. Brilliant!
After a morning of church, an exciting afternoon, a few bumps and bruises, and a mess of candy - Mary was sound asleep for the rest of the day. I am ashamed to say we didn't get any family pictures on Easter. So, just imagine us looking awesome and put that picture on here somewhere.
3 comments:
She is so cute as you know. I do think she could be Richie's twin dark haired sister or just his twin dark haired cousin because the sister connection might be a little mmm...strange
I love Mary's idea of Easter Egg Hunting, and I must say her little dress and cardigan is adorable!
Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter -- this was our first year not going to an "adult" Easter Egg hunt ... we should've come to yours ... Jonathan and I have won the past few years :) -- Love you guys! -- Rachel
Post a Comment