Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More belly thoughts

Every time I go to get Mary dressed in the morning, I realize that her pants are getting a tad small. By 'a tad' I mean - any pants lacking an elastic waist band take a downright workout to get on her. After watching her run around for a few days in some stretch pants that are stretched to their limits, I took a trip to Target to find some summer clothes that fit this girl.
I found a cute rack of cheap shorts that looked perfect for summer. Great! She's wearing size 18month pants right now, so I went up to a 2T. I held up the shorts to Mary's chunky little thighs and thought a 2T just looked a little too small. I thought I would be completely safe in going up an extra size and getting her a 3T. I tried them on her, just in case, and they barely fit. I couldn't believe myself, but I grabbed a 4T and they fit her perfectly. Do I have a big baby?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Just tell Mary that Target runs small. Kinsley was in 2T at 9 months.:)

Jess said...

Chunky or not, Mary is so cute!!! I don't think you should worry.

Jared and Katy said...

Well it sounds like to me that clothing stores are trying to influence children at a young age that skinny is the new beautiful. Just Kindding....you're Mary is beautiful no matter what! So there, to all the sie business! Puhh!

The Flynn's said...

First of all, chunky babies are CUTE. Second, give it another year and she'll probably totally change. Once they really start growing in height, they finally grow into their little bodies. She's adorable!