Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Paul's Marathon

Paul ran his first marathon last weekend in Albany, Georgia. He ran the Snickers Marathon Bar Marathon in a rocking time of 3 hours and 39 minutes.  

Mary and I camped out at Mile 25 to wait for him to come by. 

It was fun to cheer him on with only one more mile to go! 

I call this picture Forrest Gump. 
My camera batteries died when Paul was finishing the race, so these are the best post-race action shots I could get . . .

Way to go Paul! You're my hero!

8 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Wow -- that's a sure lot of running! What an accomplishment! Looks like you had lots of fun and 2 great fans!

whitty-acres said...

Whoah. That is impressive, Paul! Maybe Ty can run the next one with you?? hahahaha

by the way, where's all your hair?

Charlotta-love said...

Go Paul! did you get a snickers at the end?

jimandceleste said...

Way to go Paul. That's so awesome and quite the accomplishment. Sarah, shall we begin training? Did Sarah get ahold of the clippers?

Joe, Mandy & Sierra Smith said...

Oh my gosh Paul...you are SO cool! I can't believe you actually did it! That is awesome! Congrats on such a HUGE accomplishment! You are freakin' amazing!

The Flynn's said...

Holy Smokes! Not me in a million years but that's pretty awesome. Scott does triathlons and has tried to convince me to do one with him but he doesn't believe me that I would seriously drown for the swim portion!

Joe said...

i think running a marathon is sexy.
(except when Corey did it, b/c we lived together, and that's just weird)

The Sharp Family said...

Great Job Paul! Love the picture of Mary looking down at you. You're an inspiration to us all:)