Now that I've updated everything else about our life, I will finally post pictures of our house.
After scoping out (too much of) metro Atlanta, we finally decided to house hunt in the Duluth/Suwanee area. It would put Paul 30+ miles away from work, but he was willing to commute because everything in our price range was big, new, with good neighborhoods and great schools. Not so happy about being so far out of town, but everything else looked perfect. After looking at about 20 homes, we weren't excited about any particular place. All of the houses seemed so similar, we felt like we would be happy in just about any one of them.
Then it hit me. I thought I was a suburb person, but I'm not. The cookie cutter houses, the HOA fees, neighborhood ordinances, tiny yards, etc. were just not what I wanted. Easy enough. Except every time we had looked in town in the past, our price range turned up tiny, old, unrenovated homes, with the washer and dryer in the kitchen (can't do it). On a whim, I checked the areas we had considered in the past and found two homes that I wanted to see. The first one had a contract, so we had ONE home in town that we would even consider looking at. We met with our realtor and fell in love with the place.
Not too impressed with the house from the road, but it's pretty simple, so not bad. The inside immediately won us over. 4 bedrooms/3 full baths with a perfectly renovated kitchen, a huge basement, a great back deck and a huge backyard. I was ready to make an offer that day. Paul, the less impulsive one, took some time to think it over and we had a contract by the end of the next week. We closed 30 days later and here we are, home sweet home.





10 comments:
Yeah! It looks awesome. You're going to love that bar area on the island. I had a spot like that in our last house that I so miss!
Yeah for pictures ... now we just need to come and visit! How is unpacking?! I love love the kitchen and can't wait to see everything else! HUGS!
Love it!
Oh...pretty. I'm not a cookie cutter house person either. I love the personality a home brings. Yours is gorgeous!
Wow! What a beautiful home.
Love the kitchen!
I love it. I can't wait to see it in person.
Geez, dream kitchen!!! And the yard is AWESOME! Love it! You guys are in are definitely in a great location. Sounds perfect!
don't mind the extra words in there. You get the idea... :)
love, love, love, love, love love it. I am so happy you found what you are looking for. YOu guys are so grown up :)
Post a Comment