Monday, March 9, 2009

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Mary watched Cinderella for the first time last month, and we are heading full throttle into princess land. Since princesses cover just about ever inch of little girl stuff, I put it off for a long time. I have nothing against the movies, I just don't like buying clothes, toys, dishes, furniture, curtains, and cans of soup that have princesses printed all over them. So, I'm not going that far ... but we are watching our fair share of Cinderella these days . It's a good movie! Probably a little TOO good for Mary, though. I think we're living in a fairy tale.

WHY?!?!

When I give her some crackers for a snack ...
she says something like,
"Oh Thank you Mommy, It's more than I ever hoped for!"

She prefers to walk around the house in one shoe, so she can talk about losing her other glass slipper. Even if that glass slipper is really a dirty tennis shoe.

When I put her to bed at night
she says
"Goodnight, I love you Prince."

My favorite was last week, when she really wasn't ready to take a nap.
She gets up again and again to play in her room until I tuck her back in her bed and say, "Close your eyes, it's dream time."
Mary's reply (in her best cheesy Cinderella voice) --- "But my dream is to get up!"

I shouldn't have been surprised when she told us one day
"I a Princess. Daddy, you a Prince ... and Mommy, you a wicked witch."

I think I'd rather be the Prince!

9 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

This is one of my favorite posts. I love that she said those things. ahahaha....

Stephanie said...

Hilarious! Mary can come to my class any time. I have a soft spot for funny children :-)

Krista said...

WOW!! What a funny little girl!! I just love her to pieces! That is seriously so funny!!!

Charis said...

Can you ever take her seriously? She says the cutest and funniest things!!!!! Love the post.

Nicole said...

The girl needs to come meet Cinderella in real life!

The Flynn's said...

Oh man, Reagan is the exact same way. Her life is one big fairytale. She lives in a land of Barbie and Disney and I think some days she really believes she's a REAL princess! I guess she is! Must be hard being 3!

Kshitij said...

OMG...this is absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!!! Wow, Mary is adorable... :)

Joe said...

yeah, i totally just made a stranger read this in the library.
funny stuff!

sug said...

hahahah. i love her!