Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Panda Please

As soon as Kung Fu Panda showed up at the dollar theater here, we bought tickets and took Mary to the matinee! She has been saying "Panda Please" all summer - just to watch the 2 minute trailer for the movie on our computer. I wasn't sure how most not-quite-2-year-olds do in the movie theater, so I definitely wasn't paying the $8 or whatever it is now for movie tickets, so we held out for the dollar theater. I decided it wouldn't be so monumental if we had to leave the movie early after only paying $1 a piece. I'm a little cheap! 
Turns out - Mary LOVED the movie theater, and all of Kung Fu Panda. She wanted to sit in her own chair and hold her own candy box and she started to get the hang of being quiet in the theater towards the end of the movie - through most of it she would yell her signature "OH NO!" during the more dramatic moments, and every scene the Panda wasn't on the screen we got "Where's Panda?! Where is he?!" I think she was honestly concerned for the welfare of the Panda. She gets a little into it. 
Paul and I were pleasantly surprised by the movie - we really liked it! I tend to fall asleep in the movie theater, so the kiddie length movies are great for me! Now we're saving up to go see Wall-E as soon as it hits the cheap screens.



Notice that Paul and Mary both have Kung Fu Panda action figures. Thanks McDonalds!

5 comments:

The Sharp Family said...

Cute stuff!

Tiffany said...

Wall-E is super cute. Adrienne loved it. But just to warn you it does start out kind of slow. We haven't seen Kung Fu Panda. I missed taking Adrienne to that one.

Krista said...

BAH!! Hahaha, I LOVE that girl. That is so funny, how cute of her!! "OH NO!!" I love it. Thanks for the review too, I'll have to save up my pennies for when it comes to the redbox ;)

Oh by the way, we rented baby mama at the redbox last night and I laughed my brains out. It was the kind of no-brains needed funny that's just my style... I've heard a couple people say they didn't like it but I think I'm going to watch it again today before I take it back... 2 viewings for $1... now that's a deal. WATCH IT. (I think it was funnier since I've HAD a kid)

Charlotta-love said...

Ska-doosh!

Rebecca said...

That's so cute!! I haven't gotten brave enough to take our 2 year old to the theatre yet--I wish we had a dollar theatre here!