After Christmas, my Mom found an awesome deal on a fun little play kitchen for her house. The picture on the box looked like a basic kids kitchen, but when I opened the box it didn't look ANYTHING like the picture OR a kitchen. It looked like a box full of multi-colored wood with some extra gadgets and a whole mess of metal screws, bolts, and all manner of things I didn't recognize. My initial thought was to wait until my Dad or Paul could put it together, but I embraced my manliness and thought if anyone can put a pink kitchen together, I can! So I pulled out the 400 page instruction manual and got to work.
My favorite part about the whole thing was Mary's determination to help me. She demanded to hold a screw driver and went right behind me touching her screwdriver to every piece I worked on. I think she was just making sure all my screws were tight enough =).

I know it's probably not a good idea to let a baby play with a screwdriver, but she really wanted the power drill at one point, so I distracted her with a screwdriver. I like to think I was just giving her the lesser of the two evils. And, no, she didn't poke her eye out.

So 5 million pieces and 3 hours later, we ended up with a pretty snazzy looking kitchen. Mary and I are a quite a team. Maybe I'll get her a power drill next Christmas.
6 comments:
I love that you take pictures of everything! I would have just taken before and after shots...not you. You've got the timer on and everything. Go Sarah!
You really think I took those pictures? I hope you're kidding.
You shouldn't let a baby play with a screwdriver? I'd better not tell you what Logan gets his hands on!
Sara, It's so fun looking at your blog. Keep it up. I included you as my friend on my blog. I hope you don't mind. You're have a darling family. Chris
That's Chris Grant
maybe Uncle Joe can buy her first nail gun for Christmas.... ;)
Post a Comment