We survived our move this weekend. I can't tell you how happy I am that it's over! Paul and I got a little crazy ambitious and loaded and unloaded our moving truck by ourselves - including a sleeper sofa, a PIANO, and an 800 pound King Size TempurPedic brick of a mattress going UP the stairs. We are super hero's.
We're loving our new place so far. I'll post pictures once we finish unpacking and it looks livable in here. BUT the best part about it all - Paul's commute into downtown is now cut down from 60 miles one way, to less than fifteen. Ahh. I can't believe he did that for 6 months.
We can have a life together again! I can't wait.
In other news - Mary is now out of the crib and into a big girl bed! She's slept in it for two nights now, and is definitely testing her new freedom of being able to get out of her bed as much as she wants. We think it's pretty funny to hear her little feet RUNNING upstairs in her room (in the complete darkness) after we put her to bed. Like she has a little last minute energy to get out all at once before she goes to sleep. Whatever works! She stayed in bed for 12 hours last night. I'll take it.
Off to a little more unpacking!
{Here's Mary's first night in her big girl bed, explaining to me all the parts of her
new Winnie the Pooh doll}
7 comments:
I'm so glad that the move went well, you will be missed, but at least with technology your only a click away
yippee for a new place... can you email me your new address... and also give us a little scoop on atlanta - it would be fun if we ended up there too!
Yay! You made it! What can we do to help, since you snuck out under the radar and didn't want our help moving you punk! Dinner? At our house or your house? Or a lunch date with just us and the kiddos is fun too- we can do the zoo! I want to do something for you guys so let me know what you could use the most! Love, Us Mullins
You will be back to visit? I didn't know that last week was your last Sun, in our ward and we weren't there! Glad it went well and the commute time is less!
I was surprised by how well Keira adjusted to her toddler bed too. She does play in the middle of the night though, most of the time she'll go back to bed. We just make sure none of her toys are in her room or she'll be up all night. Good luck unpacking and getting everything organized. Hopefully it will get done quickly so you can relax and enjoy your new digs.
You are superheros! Moving is number one on my "stuff I REALLY hate to do" list. But it is fun to figure out a new space and make it your home. What you need it a break from all of the boxes and a stay in SNOWY Utah!! We hope to some how see you guys again soon. Love ya, Lisa and Dan
I am happy that you will have more time with Paul....I only have bad dreams remembering horrible commutes! I wish great things for you guys! We will miss you in Athens!
Post a Comment