I sold our microwave on Craigslist last week. The guy who bought it didn't have a car yet, so he asked if I could drop it off. I dropped it off and he asked me to carry it inside for him. He wanted me to set it up on his counter, plug it in, and set the clock. Then he wanted a demonstration on how it worked, so I showed him how to push the start button. Then he couldn't figure out how to open the door, so I pulled the handle for him. He searched through his kitchen, found a bag of popcorn, and wanted me to wait until the bag was finished popping.
. . .
3 1/2 minutes later, he agreed to give me my $30 and let me go home.
11 comments:
I hope that Paul wrote this entry. Either way it must have been a creepy experience.
Wow! Good thing you have a kid so you're used to those kind of expectations:) You should have charged him double for travel and installation.
Are you kidding me Sarah? I would NOT have gone into some random stranger in Atlanta's home. You crazy kid!
You are a very brave person...
Let me clarify - for anyone who thinks I'm crazy. It was not a scary man, it was a young college student and his pregnant wife. We were at family housing in Athens, in the middle of the day with plenty of people walking around outside. Pretty tame.
You have such a gift of writing. I love reading your blog! I hope you got a tip...for going way and beyond the call of customer service :-) Glad you were able to sell your stuff!
...and I thought I was de$perate...
He sounds like a weirdo!
Oh my. That's brave. He's creepy.
thats just weird. You are really nice. and WHY couldn't he carry the microwave--he wasnt pregnant :)
creepy!
Post a Comment