I took Mary's pacifier away last week. I wanted to do it before she was two, but I never got the motivation to do it. She only used it in her crib for naps and bedtime, so I let her keep it. She got sick last month and since then, she has wanted it with her all the time, everywhere we go. It started to turn into more of a hassle than it was worth, so it was time to take it away before 2009!
I had to make a return at Toys R Us, so while we were there, I told her she could pick out any toy she wanted, but she had to give me her paci's before she could play with it. She told me right away that she wanted Muffins! A baking set that goes along with the house she got for Christmas. Easy enough! We bought the muffins.

We came home and before opening her new toy, we gathered up all her pacifiers around the house and put them in a bag. She got her muffins and I prepared for a week or more of crying and grumpiness from Mary without her pacifier. Apparently, those are some pretty good muffins, she hasn't cried once to get her pacifier's back. She likes to tell us that "paci's are only for little babies" and that she's a big girl.
Wahoo!
3 comments:
That's so cute! Your lucky it worked so well. Keira still has her passy but I don't have the patience to try to take it away yet. I think I'll wait till she gets used to the new baby first, too many changes at once can be bad. That is such a cute little house too! Mary is adorable!
What are good idea! So Cute!
Wow! What a cute post!!! Mary is too grown up dude, look at her baking those muffins!!! That's hilarious. I'm so proud of you Mary!
Post a Comment