I already posted about my awesome speeding ticket and the big bucks I handed over for that one.
The week after that, I was driving home and hit two dogs in the road. Not everyday you kill two animals at once, I get the prize for that one. It was dark and they came out of the shadows running towards my car in my lane, there was a car coming in the other lane, so my only choice was to hit them. It's entirely unsettling to look something in the face and then kill it (for me at least!), and I was pretty upset about the whole ordeal. A piece of the front of my car was broken off, and I felt guilty about killing somebody's pet, BUT I was grateful that Mary and I were both okay and didn't cause an accident because of it.
The next week ... I turned into our neighborhood and my back right tire blew out. Luckily, I was close enough to home that I made it safe and sound into our garage where Paul could put on the spare and I could take it to buy new tires. Not that bad. UNTIL I had the back tires replaced, all the tires moved around, rotated, balanced, and aligned. A few hundred dollars later ... yuck.
So THIS week, I went to watch a friends kids while she voted and parked behind her, completely forgetting that she would be leaving as soon as I got there. She was on a hill and couldn't see my car behind her. She backed right into it on her way out. Luckily, her car was fine, but the front of my car has just taken a beating in the last few weeks. Now it's all complicated and I'm not sure how to handle it with the insurance.
"Umm - I did this part last week when I hit two dogs ... and the rest of this is from yesterday when I was backed into ... Feel free to discontinue my insurance, I'd like to start walking everywhere from now on." -Sarah
5 comments:
Geez Louise Sarah! Walking sounds like it needs to become a new hobby ;) Kidding, none of that is even your fault! And that car is one good car for keeping you and Miss Mary safe and sound through it all! Glad to hear you're REALLY okay but sorry to hear you're losing it. When are you going to Disney World woman? And why don't we plan to get together soon!
When I had all of my car issues/car insurance issues, I decided to move to bike...then I had another run-in with the cops on my bike (yes we all remember this), and then my car insurance increased yet again...for my trafic citation on my bike....
Sarah, I think we should start a club. Girl, I feel your pain.
man, that stinks. i suggest a trip to california to make you feel better.
Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry. But I do love how you blog about it :-) It makes it seem a little less worse - hopefully!!! Hope the next week is a little better.
I am sorry all that happened. I love you:)
Post a Comment