I forgot to mention in my last post that we were celebrating our 3rd Anniversary this week. We always look at the "traditional" anniversary gifts for each year - and apparently you are supposed to give leather as a gift for your 3rd anniversary. I thought about getting Paul a new leather watch, but I'm kind of in love with Swiss Army watches and I'm definitely not ready to drop $200 for a new watch . . . so it was a good thought, but just a thought. Paul wanted to get me a new pair of shoes - leather I guess? - but since he couldn't pick out a pair of shoes for me to save his life, he told me I could pick out my own. So we skipped the anniversary presents this year and just took each other out to dinner!
We went to Harry Bissett's downtown (yum!) and walked over to North Campus before the sun set. Just for the heck of it, we took a break from walking in the middle of the Broad Street. Kind of a nice place to sit and watch the city when it's not too busy.
We revisited Herty Field before we went home - a spot on campus where we kind of say we first fell in love =). We spent so much time out there when we first started dating, so it's fun to go back out there and realize how much has changed and how much has happened since our first Spring we spent out there together. It's kind of lost it's ambiance now that the fountain is shut down, boarded up, roped off, and fenced in because of the drought - but the flowers are still pretty and the memories are still fun.
We're planning a trip to the beach in the next few weeks, so I told Paul to skip the bouquet of flowers for the occasion and I'd put the money towards something more fun (is that lame?). BUT I still came home with three beautiful flowers by the end of the night. SO Happy Anniversary to us.
8 comments:
Happy Anniversary ... and Birthday all at the same time! oh and Happy Father's Day to Paul too! We love you guys ... and hope we can see you sometime... and SOON!
3 years? that seems like it went by pretty fast!
the flower thing is not lame. it just shows where the progression of our marriages when start to see things differently. sure flowers are nice, but they will die eventually. a vacation on the beach with your sweet family are memories for a lifetime.
i am surprised that it has lasted this long.
Why isn't Paul wearing a wedding ring at Harry Bissits? How dare he try to pick up a new woman...and on your anniversary, no less!
WOW 3 years...thats crazy, I feel like I just went to your reception...guess not!
Glad the love is still there guys! Wish you were coming to Dollywood!
There is something about that UGA campus that makes people fall in love! :)
Happy Anniversary guys! Three years has gone by fast. A trip to the beach definitely sounds better than gifts! Have Fun!!
Post a Comment