Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Pounds

At the beginning of this week, I got this kick to get healthy! I was excited about working out more and eating nothing but goodness. So, Monday I made a decent dinner and then took a run with Mary in the jogger stroller - I felt great by the time I got home! I vowed that night to keep it up - plenty of exercise and no junk food. Easy! 
I probably shouldn't have made my new resolutions the day before my birthday. Paul showed up with Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast, I had a huge bowl of pasta for lunch, followed by chocolate pie, then pizza for dinner and cupcakes for dessert. Paul knows how much I love junk food - but I never buy it because I would seriously eat it all in a day - so he got me tons of my favorite treats for my birthday . . . candy bars, sour patch kids, gummy worms, Coke, popsicles, Milano cookies . . . I feel like I'm forgetting something. Naturally, I enjoyed the junk food and took the day off from exercising. It was my birthday, it was good for me.    
I got back into the swing of things the next day! Until I went into the kitchen and saw extra donuts from the day before . . . and all the candy that I didn't knock out in one sitting. So, my modo for the week is to finish it all off as quickly as possible so I can get it out of the house and be done with it =). Good news - I'm still keeping up with my running - albeit I may be huffing up every hill in the neighborhood!  Bad news - we're heading to a dessert party for the rest of the night. Sheesh.  

7 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! Your card is on the way - but will be LATE! We will miss you guys at Dollywood ... but can't wait to see you soon ... let's get something planned -- how does your July look? Love you guys - Rachel

Nicole said...

Good for you! I am being healthy too (now that David's not here to make me eat 2039482039842 times a day), it's amazing how easy it is to lose weight when you're totally out of shape. Ugh. I am doing Sparkpeople.com though, it's amaaaazing (but it takes up a lot of time), try it.

Happy Birthday!

Charis said...

Glad Paul took care of your sugar needs :-) Why is it that junk food tastes so good and is so bad for us? I craved diet coke and chocolate at camp - it was sad....

Jared and Katy said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!

Jared and Katy said...

OH forgot to say LOVE LOVE your new blog template! Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower1

The Flynn's said...

Happy 16th Sarah!! Good for you eating all that junk food. Didn't you know that donuts are the new celery!!

Mary Ann said...

I love your new layout! Happy Birthday! My philosophy is everything in moderation. I exercise so I feel I have the right to eat good food if I want. Junk food too :) Life's too short to miss dessert!