My worst nightmare come true.
Paul called me into the bathroom one night to look at "these things" on Mary's hair. They looked like tiny sesame seeds attached to each strand of hair. I went straight to the computer, did a google image search for "lice eggs" and then promptly drove to CVS for a lice treatment kit. We never found any actual lice, but where there are eggs ... there have been and will be lice. Sick, sick, sick.
Mary was a good sport about the whole ordeal. As long as we told her that there weren't actually bugs in her hair, YET. I scrubbed her head down with the lice shampoo, washed it out in the sink, then coated her head with some gel while I combed out every inch of her head with the lice brush, then we washed her hair all over again, stripped the linens off the bed and washed them in hot water with bleach, sprayed down the house with some lice spray ... and finally got the girl to bed.
I woke up all night swearing my head was itching (isn't your head itching just thinking about lice?), so I gave myself the lice treatment and made Paul comb out my entire head, just in case. He didn't find anything, but now I sleep better at night.
While our thoughts were fresh on our unkempt hair, Paul pulled out the clippers to give Luke his first haircut. We didn't want to leave him out of the fun.
(He had to handle the clippers for awhile before letting Paul finish the job.)
We now have two freshly groomed children and one handy little lice brush that we are hoping to never use again. I will now be searching Mary's scalp like a Mamma Gorilla on a regular basis.
1 comment:
nice bumbo. i've been wanting one of those...
Post a Comment