Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BOB Books

After Luke was born, my Mom told me she would have Mary reading by the end of the summer. I told her that it took me an entire year to teach Mary her alphabet, and she most definitely would not be reading in two months. 

I was most definitely wrong. 

My Mom pulled out all of the phonics books she used when we were kids and had a reading lesson with Mary every day. In no time, Mary was reading any 3-4 letter word with a short vowel sound. AWESOME, but very limited as to what she could read on her own. I found these great little BOB books on Amazon that Mary could read all by herself. I ordered them for her and she thinks they are hilarious! I am thankful that I had the camera close by to capture her excitement at being able to read an entire book by herself.




How fun is this? She gets so excited when the letters come together to form real words, and then those words come together to form sentences that go right along with the pictures on the pages. Mary thinks it's pure magic and it is! Isn't it wonderful?!

No comments: