Mary has decided that wearing a skirt or a dress will make you a princess. It doesn't have to be a dress up dress or anything fancy, but it can't have legs in it. Anything with legs will make you a prince.
I started taking pictures of Mary's obsession with skirts and dresses last month, until I realized it's an EVERY day thing. I have to do some serious bargaining to get her into pants or shorts.
A sampling of her March attire:
A day of shopping.
Playing around the house
Playing dress up.
(She's totally mad in this picture because I interrupted her pretend moment. She lives in a little magical world and warns us frequently not to look at her while she's playing.)
Needless to say, summer shopping has been a breeze this year. Nothing but play skirts and t-shirts for this girl.
9 comments:
SOOOO CUTE! Not to worry, Avery always gets mad when we interrupt her imagination play as well;)
funny! don't you just love magical worlds... Benjamin and Mary should play more often - I'm sure he wouldn't mind being the prince!
Um, she is ADORABLE! Soon she will have her baby prince.
I guess this is a common girl thing because you just described Amelia. Every morning when I am getting her dressed - she wants a dress on. She prefers pink dresses, but as long as it is a dress - she is happy. So - I have learned to buy a lot of cheap dresses!! :)
Sorry I could not make it to the shower - it looks like you had a lot of fun! I had 5 parents in town for lunch and Grady's soccer game. (plus, we had someone coming to see the house and lots of cleaning!)
Can't wait to meet your little guy!!
you are so close. I cant believe it. You look great!
and mary IS a princess :) and a cute one!
I love how mary poses in every picture. She is so adorable. How fun to have a little girl who loves to dress up.
Love her summer style ;-) She's growing way too fast! Just in time for you to welcome a new little one. Now he just needs to GET HERE ;-)
Pants, who needs pants? Yep, she's totally related to me!
I think it's totally adorable that Mary never wants to wear pants...but I'm a little worried about Jill not wearing them...
Post a Comment