Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

We kicked off the Easter celebrations yesterday with an Egg Hunt at church for the kids. It was a perfect party with fun games, plenty of treats, and a ton of eggs and candy for everyone. Thank goodness the ridiculous snow flurries stopped for the afternoon! So we had to wear our coats (in April?!), but the kids didn't mind one bit. The eggs were too exciting! Mary stuck with her friend Kenedee and those two were egg hunting pros.
I love love love everything to do with Easter. I'm excited that we get to teach Mary about the resurrection of Jesus Christ this year. There was no way she was grasping any gospel concept associated with Easter last Spring, so this will be a fun year. It's amazing what these two year old can understand. Our goal this year might just have to be learning how to say the word res-ur-rec-tion, but that's a start!

3 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

How fun! Of course for religious reasons, but also for the pop of color it brings! Love your new page layout!

Jonathan and Rachel said...

I love all the fun Easter pictures ... and your Easter background! We're excited for our egg hunt this Saturday!

Nicole said...

The people that I live with made the cutest Easter cookies with their kids tonight. I think they would still be over Mary's head but in a couple years it would be cute, cute, cute!

http://www.cherbearsden.com/cookies.html