Our weekend was definitely "an experience." Wow.
Just a few highlights from this trip...
*I got my very first speeding ticket, ughh
*The entire city of Savannah was out of power our first night there
*Our hotel that was advertised as "newly remodeled" had tiger striped carpeting!
*A drunk man offered me $5 to hold my baby
*Paul got food poisoning and threw up all night Saturday night.
. . . I feel like I'm forgetting something!
As messed up as this trip was - it was still definitely a fun weekend. I made some new favorite memories - I took Mary out to walk on the beach under the full moon Friday night and she ended up heading straight for the water, swimsuit or not. I'll never forget how HAPPY she was splashing in the water and running from the surf all in the moonlight that night =). With extra hands around after Mary went to bed Saturday night, Paul and I got to walk on the pier and watch the lightning storms over the ocean. Sometimes I forget how fun it is to just be the two of us sometimes! We also watched Michael Phelps win his 7th and 8th gold medals - can't leave that out! So, there you have it - what a trip!

6 comments:
Sounds like quite the adventure. I am glad you were able to have a good time in spite of it all!
So fun! Oh...watch out for that huge alligator behind you! :)
awesome crab! sorry paul got sick... glad you guys are having a fun summer!
i love tybee island. we used to have a beach house down there, and we would go there all the time. did you go the world famous breakfast club. they have the yummiest cinnamon pecan waffles. i think i need to make a trip down there again soon.
Hilarious! Seriously, where's the pictures of the hotel? Good times!
Such a cute family! And I LOVE the headband on Mary. Glad you guys had such a fun time, you guys sure to take advantage of GA's little getaways. We need to do that more.
Post a Comment