Monday, September 20, 2010

Keep your shoes on in the basement.

(I wrote this post a few weeks ago, but never finished it. I'm not sure what else I was going to say. Maybe something to tie all of these thoughts together? I have no idea. So, here you go.)

Luke was Mr. Fussy last week. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. All of the drooling and chomping of toys should have given it away, but I didn't figure it out until he bit my finger on Friday. The boy has two teeth! He's leaving the infant world a little to fast for me. He's rolling and pushing up on all fours and now he's got teeth ... I'd really like to start all over again from day one if we could. He seems back to his happy self now that his teeth have pushed through, but we still have 18 more to go.

We found out last week that Mary got a spot at a preschool right by our house (we were on a waiting list). We went to meet her teachers and her class at a Popsicle Party on the Playground (how's that for preschool alliteration?) this week and she's thrilled (as am I). 

Paul has his first trial at the end of this month. He says he'll see me in October. He's busy and tired and MIA most of the time, so we'll be happy when it's all over and we get to see his happy face around here again.

My brother came over last night to borrow a suitcase. I ran down to the basement to get it and stepped on what I swear was a tarantula on my way down. The crunching feeling under my shoe made me squirm for the rest of the night. Cory and Paul both confirmed that it was only an abnormally large grasshopper, but I still get creeped out every time I go downstairs. Keep your shoes on in the basement.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

he has two teeth already?!?! don't tell me that!!! i keep having dreams with the reoccurring theme that my kid already has a full set of teeth... not sure what that really means.

and the rest of your post gives me the creeps. i don't like for non edible things to crunch.

Heather Inns said...

I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up. I am glad you had your shoes on. I scream almost every time I see a bug.