Thursday, June 24, 2010

June



How about an update while I have two happy kids?! 

Luke turned 2 months old this week and I am starting to get the hang of taking care of 2 kids! I can successfully shower and dress before lunch time and I'm not so terrified about leaving the house with both of them. I feel like I'm accomplishing a lot here. Here's to the first half of our summer ...

 Mary has been so patient since Luke was born. I took her out, just the two of, for a morning of strawberry picking. We beat the heat, and the crowds, and ended up with a gallon of delicious strawberries. It was a good morning for both of us. 


Luke went through a few rough weeks of night time grumpiness. 7:00-11:00 pm was not his time of day! We spent our evenings walking and bouncing him trying to calm him down. 

I felt reassured when his pediatrician said it's very common around 1 month and is usually gone by 2 months. She was right on, he is 2 months old and happy as can be all evening now. So nice for all of us!

We blessed Luke at church earlier this month. Even though the church flooded the night before, the blessing was a beautiful and it was a wonderful day with our family.


Luke fell in love with his fists and his fingers.

Mary took her first trip to the fabulous Fox Theater to see a show with her Oma.  

We celebrated our anniversary.

We celebrated my birthday.

and Luke got too long for all of his 0-3 month clothes ... I swear these pajamas were down to his ankles the week before.


It's been a wonderful month! Now ... time to wake Luke up and head to the doctor for his 2 month appointment. First shots here we come :(.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Great update! So glad you could find the time! We need to get together!! Are you still in classes? You look FABulous by the way!

Cristin said...

Your babies are precious!

Jennifer Sharpe said...

He's so cute! He looks so different from Mary, I guess because of the hair. I'm glad you are getting the hang of things, it gets easier every month. : )