Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February Update

Based on my photo album from February, nothing happened last month except a good snow day. 

February 12. 2010

I've been a slacker about taking pictures lately. So before I forget ...

We started off the month with a little family vacation to Macon, GA. Ha. Paul had to do some work there one week so we went to stay with him for a night. His boss made fun of us, and after spending two days in Macon, it was well deserved. Besides the indoor pool at the hotel, there's nothing else to do. Not a city I would volunteer to live in. 

The next week brought on our first visit from the stomach flu as parents. Mary has never thrown up, so when she called out to me in the middle of the night (completely calm) saying "the soup" had come out of her mouth, I told her it was just drool, it would dry, and to go back to sleep. Bad Mom award right there. Thankfully, she knew it was more than drool, so she came in our room and we got her into the bath and the bedding into the wash. Poor girl. She stuck it out for four days as the most content sick kid I have ever seen.

We spent a day at the Aquarium with my Mom. Sadly, the coolest exhibit, the Beluga whales, sea otters, and penguins had all been removed for construction. How do you just take Beluga whales out of the middle of a city? Not fun.

Valentine's weekend was our snow weekend. One of the best snow days I have ever seen in Georgia. We had piles of thick, fluffy, snow. We played in it all weekend and then enjoyed 60 degree weather the next week. 

We celebrated Valentine's Day/the anniversary of the day we met at the Melting Pot. Our first time ... definitely a fun dinner, but not our favorite for a nice meal. 

I ordered rugs for all of our bedrooms and our living room. Paul had a heart attack when he found out the total bill, but I'm pretty excited about having soft floors again. There's nothing cozy about cold hardwood floors. Especially when your feet are hitting them seven times a night to go to the bathroom.

We took Mary to see Princess and the Frog at the dollar theater last week. It was $5 for our whole family and there were only two other people in the theater. That's my way to see a movie. Mary asks me every day if I remember when we went to the movie theater. I think it was a hit. 

I'm hitting up the OB every two weeks now, the baby is head down and measuring just fine. I'm feeling extra huge, and hoping that the next 6 weeks will pass quickly. 

That's it.    

1 comment:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Yeah for an update! Can we re-plan our get together! Benjamin keeps asking when we are going to get to go to Mary's house!!